Old 10-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Mitchell McCreath

Default Eucalytptus Summer Red

From what I have seen so far. not much. But we shall see what the future
holds.

Regards,
Mitchell

"Jade" Jade_at_Jaywings_dot_com wrote in message
Yes, but Wanda wanted to know whether it dropped much rubbish (your lovely
mulch) onto the ground. Perhaps she doesnt have the same amount of time

for
sweeping up the mulch or would like to plant them near a drain.
So... do they?
Jade.

"Mitchell McCreath" wrote in message

"Jade" Jade_at_Jaywings_dot_com wrote in message
Dear Mitchell,
It doesnt have to be deciduous to drop alot of rubbish onto the

ground.
Most
eucalyptus leaves last about 2 years, and then fall off. They dont

fall
off
all together (deciduous), noooo that would be way too convenient. Some
berries knock off the trees easily, and leaves fall onto the driveway.

Other
trees are not quite such a problem. Many trees lining the roads in
Paddington have been removed because they drop too many nuts and

berries
onto the driveways blocking drains and flooding garages.
:0)
Jade.

Thanks for the reply Jade.

I don't mind the leaves droping. I'll just add 'em to the mulch
my tree is only about 900mm at the moment so its got a lot of
growing to do.
It has a mass of those beautiful flowers at the
moment which are attracting the birds and the bees

Regards,
Mitchell

Old 24-02-2004, 05:29 PM
John Savage

"Wanda Too" writes:
Thanks Mitchell. Does it drop much rubbish in the way of leaves or nuts?

Every flower will form a nut. The bigger the flower, the bigger the nut.
Unless you prune them all off after flowering, they are gonna fall!

Old 24-02-2004, 05:29 PM
John Savage

Old 24-02-2004, 05:29 PM
John Savage