GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Restore colour to wooden deck (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/51975-restore-colour-wooden-deck.html)

Stephen Oakes 07-02-2004 06:30 AM

Restore colour to wooden deck

Does anyone know any good (preferably easy!) way to restore the colour of an
old timber deck? I have used a product which removes dirt (Intergrain
"reviva" timber cleaner) and it does a reasonable job of cleaning the wood,
but it looks old and faded. Is there a way to restore the natural colour of
the wood?

--
Stephen Oakes

China 07-02-2004 06:30 AM

Restore colour to wooden deck

G'day Steve,
Decking oil.

China
Wingham
NSW

Jock 07-02-2004 06:30 AM

Restore colour to wooden deck

I used reviva and then pressure washed the timber. As long as you have left
it long enough, the grey will come away and leave a more natural colour -
enhanced when dry with a good decking oil as mentioned by China.
Jock

Stephen Oakes 07-02-2004 06:41 AM

Restore colour to wooden deck

Thanks guys - I'll try a stronger solution.

--
Stephen Oakes

Jock 07-02-2004 07:11 AM

Restore colour to wooden deck