Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Stephen Oakes

Default Restore colour to wooden deck

Does anyone know any good (preferably easy!) way to restore the colour of an
old timber deck? I have used a product which removes dirt (Intergrain
"reviva" timber cleaner) and it does a reasonable job of cleaning the wood,
but it looks old and faded. Is there a way to restore the natural colour of
the wood?

--
Stephen Oakes

Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 AM
China

G'day Steve,
Decking oil.

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 07-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Jock

I used reviva and then pressure washed the timber. As long as you have left
it long enough, the grey will come away and leave a more natural colour -
enhanced when dry with a good decking oil as mentioned by China.
Jock

Old 07-02-2004, 06:41 AM
Stephen Oakes

Thanks guys - I'll try a stronger solution.

--
Stephen Oakes

Old 07-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Stephen Oakes