Old 09-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Dennis

Default Drip Irrigation and Roses.

I have a drip irrigation system that has two 4l/h drippers for each
rose. I currently run the system for an hour in the evening and
everything seems to be satisfactory but I am not sure what the correct
amount of water should be. Any ideas? Am I over or under watering?

DD

Old 10-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Dwayne

Dennis, it depends on your situation. I had a man tell us that roses need 3
inches of water a week. During the hot part of the year. If it didn't
rain, we needed to add that much. I measured down around the roots and made
sure I got it right. Too much water could cause fungus on the roses (black
spots on the leaves).

You might get on the rec.gardens.roses newsgroup and ask them.

Dwayne