Old 16-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Yvonne

Default dutch potatos

Could anyone advise me where I can get tubers (or whatever) for the dutch
variety of potatos, maybe Knipfler or something like that - longish, yellow
in colour, waxy and very very tasty - in Melbourne. Is there a nursery which
specializes in less common vegies? I haven't seen anything locally. BTW I'm
not really sure about the name, I just remember them as Dutch potatos.
Also, does soil type matter when growing these? We have very alkaline soil
in my area (but lots of compost too).
TIA Yvonne.

Old 16-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Terry Collins

Yvonne wrote:

Could anyone advise me where I can get tubers (or whatever) for the dutch
variety of potatos, maybe Knipfler or something like that - longish, yellow
in colour, waxy and very very tasty - in Melbourne.

Diggers Club - in Melbourne. On web?

for other seeds, look for seed suppliers in the two organic/green
magazines at newsagents,

Also, does soil type matter when growing these? We have very alkaline soil
in my area (but lots of compost too).

Split your first bag of tubers into different soil types/mixtures and
see.

Ours didn't do as well this year and we think it was the heat.
Old 16-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Yvonne

Thank you, Terry. I found the website and will go from there.
Yvonne.

--
Please reply to group as the email address I have submitted is bogus to
avoid any more spam!