Old 17-02-2004, 01:10 AM
freebird

Default peaches

Hi,

I've got a problem with my peach tree. Even though it
flowers in spring there hasn't been any fruit on it for 2
years in a row. I don't understand that as peach trees
are self-polllinating. Do people hand pollinate their
trees in cases like that?

puzzled: barb.

Old 17-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Wanda Too

Do you give it plenty of nutrients? My potted peach seemed to thrive on
neglect, although I did give it plenty of water & worm wee, plus a dose of
leaf curl stuff every few years.

Old 18-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Dwayne

Have you tested your soil? If low in phosphate, a good dose of it (applied
as per instructions) is suggested to make flowers bloom and fruit trees put
on fruit. You might plant another peach tree also. Some are self
pollinating and others aren't.

Dwayne

Old 18-02-2004, 07:02 AM
China

--
G'day,
You don't say if you have previously had crops on this tree

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 18-02-2004, 07:03 AM
freebird

thanks everyone for your ideas, I'll look into
the phosphates! The tree came from a seed
and fruited beautifully for one year only.
It's a picture of health with the occassional
leaf-curl treatment.

barb.

Old 18-02-2004, 11:32 AM
China

G'day Freebird,
Has the tree had any serious pruning and has it's
water been regulare?

China
Wingham
NSW

p.s. Professionals built the Titanic,
Amateurs built the Ark!

How to tell when my peaches ripe? Broadback United Kingdom 3 10-08-2004 11:45 AM
Insect larvea in peaches A Gardening 10 16-02-2004 12:42 AM
squirrels and peaches Dianna Visek Edible Gardening 22 05-01-2004 06:32 AM
Peaches Falling Off zebrin Gardening 2 12-07-2003 11:08 PM
Advice on Peaches Spacewalkman Texas 2 15-04-2003 03:56 PM