Old 20-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Jumbuck

Default Eradicating Curl Grubs

Does anyone know how to get rid of curl grubs in garden beds?
I think I imported them in a bulk supply of tree-loppers mulch. On average,
they are about the size of a man's thumb, white in colour and are curled,
head to toe, almost in a circle.
I've been told they are the lava of the black African beetle and whenever a
small struggling bush dies, invaribly there have been a bunch of these grubs
feeding on the roots.
I've tried Grub Kill and other similar products without success. The grubs
live quite deep in the soil. I live in Brisbane. Would appreciate any
assistance.
Jim