Old 26-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Terry Collins

Default Repairing the Lawn Mower

len gardener wrote:

g'day terry,

sounds like some problem with the carby, if you have the expertise
remove tank/carby assemblt from the moweer and disassemble.

I am slowly acquiring that {:-).
I have now taken it apart twice and put it back together and it worked
both times {:-). The first time I had a bolt left over. The second time
I found where that bolt belonged {;-)

likely fault would be the diaphram replace that also make sure the
screens on the pick up tubes are free from lint etc.,.

Well, that is a bit of relaxing news. I did find a whole pile of lint
stuck on one of them and didn't know if it should be there, but was
falling apart or I should remove it. It was removed.

Would there be a carby kit? I'm thinking that as well as a general spark
plug, air filter, blades replacement, it might be time to do a carby
renewal.
Old 26-02-2004, 08:02 AM
len gardener

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:23:13 +1100, Terry Collins
wrote:

snipped

ending up with spare parts is the fun bit hey lol

snipped

no the lint shouldn't be there if too badly clogged the screen may
need replacing not sure now but i think you buy the whole tube screen
and all???

snipped

no carby kit as such you can buy parts as you need them but generally
it is only the diaphram that needs replacing and sometimes that rubber
'O' ring where the carby slides onto the inlet pipe. also the body of
the carb' where the choke butterfly is situated can wear and the auto
choke won't work properly then, so you would need a whole new carby
not just worth buying the body, or find one of those lawnmower shops
that sell good second hand bits.

len

--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/

Repairing a neglected lawn. tenplay Gardening 3 22-05-2005 01:50 AM
Repairing the Lawn Mower Terry Collins Australia 0 21-02-2004 02:26 AM
repairing lawn rickm Lawns 4 23-07-2003 03:03 AM
new help repairing lawn in wintertime flip Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
new help repairing lawn in wintertime flip Lawns 4 17-01-2003 10:23 AM