Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Pen

Default Pictures of Hellebores

Gorgeous! All from seeds too. Amazing! Any tips for someone who's
tried to germinate them for nearly 10 years without luck?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:07 AM
Pen

Old 02-03-2004, 03:38 AM
Pen

Old 05-03-2004, 05:28 AM

I got this tip from a friend in Norway who is an expert
on germinating many different types of plants.
Tom Atkinson

Hi Tom

I have had the best germination of Helleborus seeds by keeping them in moist
grit in a ziplock plastic bag in the fridge. I put them in there in November
and they started to germinate in February. Then I checked for germination
every 2 weeks, took out the seeds that had germinated and planted the
seedlings. I have also tried to put the pots with the seeds outside during
winter, but with less germination that in the fridge. At least it seems
Hellborus seeds need a cold period to germinate. I also think fresh seeds
are important. Once they have dried, they seem to be much harder to get
growing.

Good luck

Magnar

om...

Old 05-03-2004, 05:29 AM
Spider

Thank you Rene ...
They were breathtakingly lovely. Obviously, my small collection isn't big
enough ... yet. I'm working on it. Keep up the good work.
Spider
Rene Blom wrote in message
Hello,

I placed today Picures of my Hellebores on my website. I raised them
(mostly) of seed from Ashwood nursery's.

Enjoy your visit

http://members.home.nl/rene.blom/index.htm

Regards Rene