GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/54108-moss.html)

persifor 01-03-2004 06:12 AM

moss

I have moss in my lawn in the northern tablelands.
Can anybody tell me how to get rid of it, please?

Chookie 04-03-2004 11:32 AM

moss

In article ,
(persifor) wrote:

I have moss in my lawn in the northern tablelands.
Can anybody tell me how to get rid of it, please?

It sounds pretty -- I've seen moss gardens in Japan and they are lovely. If
you don't want moss as a feature, you will need to decrease the amount of
water available in the area, and/or increase the sunlight.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc

Wallaby 06-03-2004 06:26 AM

moss

Hi there, this is straight form google search, hope it helps.

"Brunnings Lawn Food Plus Moss Kill is a double action granular product
which controls moss while feeding lawns"

Cheers Wallaby

.. .

China 10-03-2004 04:33 AM

moss

G'day persifor,
I can't see why you have a problem with the moss. It
sounds as though you are cutting the grass to short for starters, and the
moss is just filling in a vacume. With the lawn so short that you can see
the soil surface and hence the moss, then if you kill it you will have brown
dirt to look at, and encourage weeds to germinate.

China
Wingham
NSW