Old 31-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Mitchell McCreath

Default Sunbdails

Looking at puuting a sundail in the front garden.
what sort of price am I looking at?

I am aware that I must get a sundail that is made for my location
which is. -33°45'34" (St Marys NSW)

Regards,
Mitchell

Old 02-04-2004, 07:39 AM
DD

Mitchell McCreath wrote:
Looking at puuting a sundail in the front garden.
what sort of price am I looking at?

I am aware that I must get a sundail that is made for my location
which is. -33°45'34" (St Marys NSW)

Regards,
Mitchell

I don't know how much Sundials cost but you are right about the
location, I brought an antique [1710] sundial from England when I
emigrated 30 years ago and it goes backwards!

DD

Old 08-04-2004, 03:32 AM
John Savage

"Mitchell McCreath" writes:
Looking at puuting a sundail in the front garden.
what sort of price am I looking at?

I am aware that I must get a sundail that is made for my location
which is. -33°45'34" (St Marys NSW)

They made one on Ground Force (Ch.7) this week. They appeared to use a
small concrete paver, engraved the radii and circle somehow (while I was
elsewhere channel surfing), then glued in a brass triangle and sat it on
top of a gaudy plinth. I don't know whether its purpose is functional or
merely decorative.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Mitchell McCreath

I am aware that I must get a sundail that is made for my location
which is. -33°45'34" (St Marys NSW)

They made one on Ground Force (Ch.7) this week. They appeared to use a
small concrete paver, engraved the radii and circle somehow (while I was
elsewhere channel surfing), then glued in a brass triangle and sat it on
top of a gaudy plinth. I don't know whether its purpose is functional or
merely decorative.

That sundial would have only been decorative. Unless of course you happen
live at -45°

I can't remember if they made a comment that it must also be pointed true
north.......

Regards,
Mitchell

Sunbdails Mitchell McCreath Australia 0 31-03-2004 02:51 AM
Sunbdails Mitchell McCreath Australia 0 31-03-2004 02:25 AM