GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is wrong with my lemon tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/58467-what-wrong-my-lemon-tree.html)

Morphet 08-04-2004 05:11 PM

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

I planted my new lemon tree about 5 weeks ago, but the leaves seem to
be going a yellow color. They still have some green in them, so I
don't think I've killed the tree, but I've got no idea when I've done
wrong.

I've given it plenty of water (maybe to much?) and done everything
else correct, so what do I doi?

SG1 08-04-2004 11:07 PM

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

Well rotted manure twice a year in autumn & spring,and water NO more than
once per week. A few chants and good luck, I have some that I grew from seed
and they flowered last spring at age 3 years.
Jim

Mylorace 09-04-2004 04:04 AM

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

spring,and water NO more than
once per week. A few chants and good luck,

My " MYER" lemon is watered by the spray from our bio-cycle septic system,( 2-3
person house) Blue Mountains NSW, and is now 3 years old , and is doing very
well, 20-30 good size lemons almost ready to pick now.

SG1 09-04-2004 10:32 PM

"Mylorace" wrote in message
spring,and water NO more than
once per week. A few chants and good luck,

My " MYER" lemon is watered by the spray from our bio-cycle septic

system,( 2-3
person house) Blue Mountains NSW, and is now 3 years old , and is doing

very
well, 20-30 good size lemons almost ready to pick now.

That good well rotted organic liquid fertiliser eh???

jpd1009 11-04-2004 12:32 PM

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

hello,

it is likely that the soil is mineral deficient

a complete citrus food will help, but better still get a mineral suppliment
from your nursery or hardware store (tell the nursery about your lemon and
they will get you on track)

dont expect overnight results, it will take a few weeks to see the green
return to the leaves

cheers

-james