GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Kwik Kerb" garden edging... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/61516-kwik-kerb-garden-edging.html)

Lindsay 17-05-2004 09:02 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Hi all...

I'm gunna remodel my front yard (with a fair bit of help from my
nursery owning friends!).. at the moment the garden edging is done with
red-gum sleepers (yuk!). We plan to spread out a bit, so we need approx
25-28 metres of edging done.

I'm looking for a new edging between lawn and garden. Kwik kerb
looks the goods, but seems expensive @ between $20 and $40 per metre.
($20 I'd be happy with, but for $20, I guess you get plain concrete
mower strip, and I'd like something with a 'little' more style :)

Anyone in Melbourne had it done? By whom? How much per metre?

(i'm thinking of doing it myself, but I'm not a concreter...!)

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Tricia 17-05-2004 04:08 PM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Lindsay wrote:
|| Hi all...
|| I'm gunna remodel my front yard (with a fair bit of help from my
|| nursery owning friends!).. at the moment the garden edging is done
|| with red-gum sleepers (yuk!). We plan to spread out a bit, so we
|| need approx 25-28 metres of edging done.
|| I'm looking for a new edging between lawn and garden. Kwik kerb
|| looks the goods, but seems expensive @ between $20 and $40 per metre.
|| ($20 I'd be happy with, but for $20, I guess you get plain concrete
|| mower strip, and I'd like something with a 'little' more style :)
|| Anyone in Melbourne had it done? By whom? How much per metre?
|| (i'm thinking of doing it myself, but I'm not a concreter...!)
|| Regards
|| Lindsay

*YUK* now I have that out of my system - what style of garden/house do
you have? How about a real brick edge, laid same level as the grass
perhaps

--
Tricia

Adam 18-05-2004 02:23 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Lindsay wrote in message ...
Hi all...

I'm gunna remodel my front yard (with a fair bit of help from my
nursery owning friends!).. at the moment the garden edging is done with
red-gum sleepers (yuk!). We plan to spread out a bit, so we need approx
25-28 metres of edging done.

I'm looking for a new edging between lawn and garden. Kwik kerb
looks the goods, but seems expensive @ between $20 and $40 per metre.
($20 I'd be happy with, but for $20, I guess you get plain concrete
mower strip, and I'd like something with a 'little' more style :)

Anyone in Melbourne had it done? By whom? How much per metre?

(i'm thinking of doing it myself, but I'm not a concreter...!)

Regards

Lindsay

Try http://www.borderlineaustralia.com.au/
They have a similar product, as well as additional textures. The
pictures on the website aren't the best quality, the actual product
looks much better.
Prices range from $15-$60. There's a pretty large range, and they
provide a nicer finish than Kwik Kerb. eg: there is a powdered finish
on the brick effect that looks really good.

In the SE suburbs, contact is 0422 443 953. Ask for Matt.

Cheers,

Adam

doofus 18-05-2004 05:11 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

I have just gone thru the same .
After years of weeds & lawn invading my flower beds.
I laid recon limestone blocks from memory 400mm x 250mm x 100mm
laid approx 25mm below new couch lawn on creme cement with similar creme
joints approx 20mm wide.
Looks great & easy to do your self.....
I picked up a truck load of mulch from a tree feller for a carton, should
have got it for free as he would have to pay tip fees.
had it sitting for 6 months & laid it about 75-100mm thick .......
no more weekends weeding & any that do come are easily picked out.......
spread loads of dynamic lifter & animal manure prior to spreading mulch

very happy......

Lindsay 19-05-2004 08:03 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Adam wrote:

Thanks Adam (and all who replied)

I've sinse found another Kwik Kerb guy who suggests between $20-24
per metre. I'll call him, and your bloke Matt, and see where I end up.
And yeah, borderline does look nice, esp with the white pebbles
instead of red gum chips...

More thinking required here.. :)

Thanks again.

Lindsay

Mal P 22-05-2004 07:03 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Whoa... that sounds very expensive! I did my garden edging a couple of
months ago, $12 a meter for the black coloured concrete. Looks great, but at
$20!!

Look for independant concrete edging layers in the yellow pages. The big
franchises have overheads to meet, whereas the independants just buy the
machine and that's it.

ycnan 23-05-2004 02:02 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

Hi Lindsay
I used Kwik Kerb in Esperance.
They did a really good job but if you shop around
you can find cheaper quotes.
cheers
Nancy

Lindsay 24-05-2004 09:03 AM

"Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

ycnan wrote:

Hi Lindsay
I used Kwik Kerb in Esperance.
They did a really good job but if you shop around
you can find cheaper quotes.
cheers
Nancy

Thanks again for the replies, and yes, Nancy, I will be shopping around.
I dont want anything flash, but now the project has gone from 26 metres
in the front yard to 44 metres front and back! :)

Thanks again to all..

Lindsay