GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   suckers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/78208-suckers.html)

Derek Ball 03-07-2004 06:03 AM

suckers

Andrew
Your early teaching is right. However I suspect the shoots are somewhat weak
and leggy - if so remove them.

Andrew G 05-07-2004 07:02 AM

suckers

"Derek Ball" wrote in message
u...
Andrew
Your early teaching is right. However I suspect the shoots are somewhat

weak
and leggy - if so remove them.

Thanks for the help, and to everyone else who replied.
I checked out a book "Royal Horticultural society A-Z of Garden plants" I
had, and a sucker was defined as (not exact words, but close as I don't have
the book in front of me:
A adventious (sp?) shoot coming from below soil level, usually from the
roots
and/or
Shoot coming from grafted stock, below the graft.

This and replies here helped end the discussion I had with the other person,
they now stand corrected.
Thanks everyone