Old 19-09-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Is this a Jasmine ?

G'day,

I'm trying to ID the following bush in my backyard. It is about 2 meters
tall in a large ball shape with foliage to ground. It flowers with heads of
small white flowers. The leaves are large and shiny and remain on the bush
all year round.

Here's a pic of the flowers which came out about 2 weeks ago and are still
in full bloom.

http://stallardshb.onpix.com/flower.jpg

--
Tony

ISH

Remove the fish to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸((((º

Old 20-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Andrew G

"((((º" wrote in message
G'day,

I'm trying to ID the following bush in my backyard. It is about 2 meters
tall in a large ball shape with foliage to ground. It flowers with heads

of
small white flowers. The leaves are large and shiny and remain on the bush
all year round.

Here's a pic of the flowers which came out about 2 weeks ago and are still
in full bloom.

http://stallardshb.onpix.com/flower.jpg

--
Tony

Hi there
Definitely not a Jasmine.
Looks like a Indian Hawthorn to me
Cheers
Andrew

Old 23-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Andrew G

"((((º" wrote in message
It turns out the bush is a Viburnum Tinus.

Interesting stuff this gardening caper.

Yeah, and I did a trade in Horticulture, so shows how much I don't know huh
:-)
Seriously though, saw a bush today, Pitosporum (sp is wrong I know), was
nearly going to have a look at you link and suggest that if the leaves
seemed tough it was a Hawthorn, if they were soft, a Pitosporum.
Just shows, you live and learn, do a trade, then work as a greeneeper for
the next 5 yrs and you lose the knowledge :-)
At least I knew it wasn't a Jasmine

CHeers
Andrew

Jasmine Mick United Kingdom 0 24-04-2003 07:08 AM
Is it ok to put an ACER in the same container as jasmine? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 19-04-2003 09:56 PM
Pruning Jasmine Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 12-04-2003 06:56 PM
Carolina Jasmine Alan Romanchuck Gardening 1 03-03-2003 02:51 PM
transplanting night blooming jasmine Zemedelec Gardening 4 28-02-2003 06:03 PM