GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/84081-help.html)

Terry & Angela 25-09-2004 06:31 AM

Help

we are trying to grow heritage tomatoes ( we can grow normal ones :-) ) but
after flowering the flowers fall off leaving no fruit can you help (the main
problem is brandy wine pink)
Regards
Terry & Angela

len gardener 25-09-2004 07:26 AM

g'day terry & angela,

shouldn't be any difference between the plants all i can think of is a
lack of pollinators, bees can be lazy at times always best to have
other flowers present when the tom's are flowering.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.

Chookie 25-09-2004 11:41 AM

In article ,
"Terry & Angela" wrote:

we are trying to grow heritage tomatoes ( we can grow normal ones :-) ) but
after flowering the flowers fall off leaving no fruit can you help (the main
problem is brandy wine pink)

My first thought would be lack of water, or else it's too cold where you are
for the tomatoes to set fruit.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet