GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poppy seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/84467-poppy-seeds.html)

freebird 02-10-2004 01:11 PM

poppy seeds

put some poppy seeds in a pot the other week and they came
up straight away! That's just regular poppy seeds from the supermarket
for cakes and the like. Can't wait for the flowers! (heard they can be
a bit of a pest though once they start self-seeding).

barb (Melbourne)

d 03-10-2004 02:53 AM

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:19:35 +1000, Jeßus wrote:

On Saturday 02 October 2004 22:11, freebird [ ] wrote:

put some poppy seeds in a pot the other week and they came
up straight away! That's just regular poppy seeds from the supermarket
for cakes and the like. Can't wait for the flowers! (heard they can be
a bit of a pest though once they start self-seeding).

Hmm, you know these seeds are not from the ornamental types of poppies?

I just want to know which supermarket she got the seeds from, I need some
for my muffins.

Dwayne 09-10-2004 12:28 PM

Don't worry about the Feds. We have stuff growing wind here that is illegal
( marijuana ) and the police realize that. As long as it isn't growing in
rows and enough to indicate there is a problem, they don't worry about it.
Enjoy your flowers.

Dwayne