GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Acer 'sango kaku' - propagation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/84542-acer-sango-kaku-propagation.html)

watchcat 04-10-2004 05:03 AM

Acer 'sango kaku' - propagation

For a couple of years I've had a young specimen of Acer 'Sango-kaku', 'coral
tower', the one with the nearly fluoro-coral coloured bark, and I wouldn't
mind propagating it for friends as it was so very expensive. So far, I've
had no luck with cuttings and was wondering about grafting. Do you think it
would graft successfully on one of those little acer palmatum seedlings? If
so, what kind of graft is the best? Is there a special grafting knife, or
would a scalpel be best?

cheers