Old 04-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Harry

Default Fire Weed

What's the best way to eradicate this horrible stuff?
I keep pulling it up, but it re-appears.
(I used to pull it up and leave it lying on the ground, but now I throw it
in the bin)

Harry

Old 04-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Andrew G

"Harry" wrote in message
What's the best way to eradicate this horrible stuff?
I keep pulling it up, but it re-appears.
(I used to pull it up and leave it lying on the ground, but now I throw it
in the bin)

Harry

Keep pulling the stuff out, and or spray it, before it reaches seed stage.
It produces masses of seeds per plant.
Sorry thats not of much help, but really it's the only solution.
Good luck

Old 06-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Harry

Thanks Andrew.

I have quite a lot of it (a couple of acres), and am pulling it out by the
bucketful.
At least they are shallow rooted and easy to pull out.

Harry

Old 21-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Harry" wrote:

What's the best way to eradicate this horrible stuff?

I thought it was rather pretty, really (it was introduced to my back yard with
a load of sandstone rubble; I'd never seen it before and only found out what
it was when I was having a look through a weed manual).

I keep pulling it up, but it re-appears.
(I used to pull it up and leave it lying on the ground, but now I throw it
in the bin)

I just compost it at flowering time, before it sets seed. It's much easier to
pull out than kikuyu!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old 29-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Terry Collins

Chookie wrote:

I just compost it at flowering time, before it sets seed. It's much easier to
pull out than kikuyu!

wait until you move it a few times and it develops a good root.

Old 30-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Terry Collins

Terry Collins wrote:

Chookie wrote:

I just compost it at flowering time, before it sets seed. It's much easier to
pull out than kikuyu!

wait until you move it a few times and it develops a good root.

/s/move/mow