GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Indentify plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/85154-indentify-plants.html)

gromit 18-10-2004 03:12 AM

Indentify plants

I was wondering if I could have some help in identifying some plants
in my garden. I've taken some pics:

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...41017-1233.jpg

This came with the house and the snails have had a good time with it.
I've put snail pellets down and it's slowly recovering. Is this OK to
keep in the pot? I'm looking at transplanting it at some stage.

http:/ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/garden/garden041017-1335a.jpg

It seems to shrivel up in the hot weather. I did have another one in a
rose bed, but pulled it out so there was less competition for the
roses.

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...41017-1338.jpg

This one has always been scraggy like this. It seems to be hanging in
there, but could look a lot healthier. I have seen others in the
neighbourhood in very healthy condition, so I know something is not
right here.

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...1017-1338a.jpg

Thanks in advance :o)

--
Phil
To reply delete "NOTHANKS"

len gardener 18-10-2004 03:46 AM

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:12:03 +0800, gromit
wrote:

I was wondering if I could have some help in identifying some plants
in my garden. I've taken some pics:

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...41017-1233.jpg

this one looks like the "Dragon Fruit - Hylocereus undatus" these ones
can be grown in the forks of trees as they are like an epiphite.

This came with the house and the snails have had a good time with it.
I've put snail pellets down and it's slowly recovering. Is this OK to
keep in the pot? I'm looking at transplanting it at some stage.

http:/ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/garden/garden041017-1335a.jpg

this one won't open for me, can't help with the other 2 plants maybe
someone else will come along?

snipped

--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.

nome 18-10-2004 12:14 PM

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:46:52 +1000, len gardener wrote:

this one won't open for me, can't help with the other 2 plants maybe
someone else will come along?

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...1017-1335a.jpg

try now

gromit 18-10-2004 01:29 PM

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:46:52 +1000, in aus.gardens
len gardener posted:

[snip]

Thanks for that :o)

http:/ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/garden/garden041017-1335a.jpg

this one won't open for me, can't help with the other 2 plants maybe
someone else will come along?

Missing a forward slash. Try:

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...1017-1335a.jpg

Thanks again.

--
Phil
To reply delete "NOTHANKS"

len gardener 18-10-2004 02:59 PM

g'day nome,

looks like one of the lilly family maybe hippestrian or something like
that?

sorry i can't be more help

len

snipped