Old 18-10-2004, 05:17 PM
barbibiz

Default Edible flowers

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of any books that give you the names of edible flowers?
many thanks
Felicity

Old 21-10-2004, 06:58 AM
David Hare-Scott

"barbibiz" wrote in message
: Hi everyone,
: Does anyone know of any books that give you the names of edible flowers?
: many thanks
: Felicity
:
:

Google will give you a zilion hits on "edible flowers"

David

Old 22-10-2004, 02:33 AM
John Savage

"barbibiz" writes:
Does anyone know of any books that give you the names of edible flowers?
many thanks

Hi Felicity. You'll get started with a web search on www.google.com.au.
I know of marigolds, nasturtiums, and violets, but I just read where
the unopened buds of dandelions can be fried and taste like mushrooms.
I guess roses and dandelion flowers would be edible, since wine can be
made from them.