Old 20-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Mogsy

"andy" wrote in message
Hi,
I am a bit concerned that my wisteria has not flowered yet again!!! It
is about 4 years old and is facing north east. we live in Victoria. I'm
hoping that someone will have and answer to my problem! Cheers!

have you been feeding it. if it is nice and healthy try and flower inducing
fertiliser like bloom buster. wisteria sometimes needs coaxing, but is only
4 years old so maybe just patience is the key.

Old 20-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Trish Brown

andy wrote:

Hi,
I am a bit concerned that my wisteria has not flowered yet again!!! It
is about 4 years old and is facing north east. we live in Victoria. I'm
hoping that someone will have and answer to my problem! Cheers!

My wisteria took about six years before I got decent flowers on it. Mind
you, I was quite prepared for this, as I'd been pruning it pretty
heftily in order to get it in shape before the flowers arrived! LOL! If
you're pruning it, be aware that you're probably cutting off the fresh
growth from which flowers will come.

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Old 20-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Ken Oaf

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:25:20 -0700, andy
wrote:

Hi,
I am a bit concerned that my wisteria has not flowered yet again!!! It
is about 4 years old and is facing north east. we live in Victoria. I'm
hoping that someone will have and answer to my problem! Cheers!

Is it a white or pink one? If so, those two take longer to flower than the
blue/mauve ones.

Old 20-10-2004, 11:10 PM
freebird

"andy" wrote in message
Hi,
I am a bit concerned that my wisteria has not flowered yet again!!! It
is about 4 years old and is facing north east. we live in Victoria. I'm
hoping that someone will have and answer to my problem! Cheers!

saw a lady on Bourkes Backyard with the same problem, wisteria not
flowering. The solution was that she had roses in front of it that she
fertilized and too many nutrients stopped the wisteria from developing
flowers.

barb

Old 21-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Chookie

In article ,
andy wrote:

I am a bit concerned that my wisteria has not flowered yet again!!! It
is about 4 years old and is facing north east. we live in Victoria. I'm
hoping that someone will have and answer to my problem! Cheers!

I bought a wisteria flowering very nicely in the put, planted it, and it
sulked for the next two years. Sold the house to a friend, and she is reaping
the benefits of my purchase.

I'm not bitter...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old 22-10-2004, 05:20 PM
andy

Thanks for your reply, perhaps I do need more patience, and I might try
some fertilizer as its had none! Although I hasten to add that it is
really robust in the leaf and shoot department!

[IBC] wisteria luc tran Bonsai 2 23-03-2003 05:20 PM
Wisteria Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 14-03-2003 06:08 PM
Wisteria Question Lilly Gardening 10 19-02-2003 03:27 AM
Wisteria! Cereoid+10 Gardening 0 23-01-2003 07:28 PM
Wisteria!! GrampysGurl Gardening 1 23-01-2003 06:09 PM