Old 17-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Ivan

Default Vegetable safe paint

Greetings

I will soon be building some raised garden beds from 10mm Jarrah. Although
this is structurally sound enough AFAIK I'm concerned that being relatively
thin it will rot/degrade somewhat faster than thicker material.

My plan, if I can find suitable material, is to paint the inside of the
framework and varnish the outside.

Does anyone have any ideas for the paint and varnish?

TIA
Ivan.
Old 23-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Chookie

In article 7,
Ivan wrote:

I will soon be building some raised garden beds from 10mm Jarrah. Although
this is structurally sound enough AFAIK I'm concerned that being relatively
thin it will rot/degrade somewhat faster than thicker material.

IIRC, jarrah is very resistant to rot. However, you may find that 10mm isn't
thick enough structurally, and it may break in a few years. Soil weighs a LOT.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet