Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Morphet

Default My Lemon Tree and why it hates me.

I planted a lemon tree in the backyard of our new house back in Feb
'04 and it told me it didn't like this fact my dropping most of it's
leaves (about 90% of them)

I puzzled over this fact for a few months as I thought I was doing
everything right, until somebody mentioned that it might be getting to
much water. They suggested that I dig it up and raise it above the
ground a little higher than it was. They also mentioned that this
might kill the tree, but believe me it was living on borrowwed time
anyway so I thought it would not hurt to try.

Now for the question - what color are the buds for a lemon tree?
About 3 weeks after replanting the tree it started sprouting little
purple "buds" or at least I think that is what they are. They are
getting bigger and more common so I assume that is what they are.

What can I do for my tree now to make sure it lives over the summer???

I'm located in Melbourne.