GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cauliflowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/87037-cauliflowers.html)

Nancy 30-11-2004 10:11 AM

Cauliflowers

I grow all year round cauliflowers.
this year they have got a purple tinge to them.
does anyone know what the cause could be.
thanks Nancy

Geodyne 01-12-2004 12:11 AM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:11:22 +0800, "Nancy"
wrote:

I grow all year round cauliflowers.
this year they have got a purple tinge to them.
does anyone know what the cause could be.
thanks Nancy

Leaves or the bud itself?

Is the bud getting any sun?

Geodyne

Dwayne 06-12-2004 01:19 PM

Were they come from the same kind of seeds as last year? Some are supposed
to have purple. In any case, I don't think that it will hurt you. Mine
were supposed to shield themselves from the sun, but didn't. I had some
discoloration, but I don't remember what color it was. We ate them anyway.

Dwayne