GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green beans shrivelling (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/87578-green-beans-shrivelling.html)

Andrew Gabb 11-12-2004 01:47 PM

Green beans shrivelling

This one's got me puzzled.

My dwarf beans started cropping heavily, as they do. Now the new
beans seem to be shrivelling and yellowing and look like they're
never gonna come to anything. The plants still look very healthy.

Any ideas?

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia

Chookie 12-12-2004 08:23 AM

In article , Andrew Gabb
wrote:

My dwarf beans started cropping heavily, as they do. Now the new
beans seem to be shrivelling and yellowing and look like they're
never gonna come to anything. The plants still look very healthy.

I'd be pulling off any shrivelled undersized ones. Usually you just get one
from time to time, but if you have lots it might be a pest infestation.
Anyway, pulling off the duds encourages them to flower more.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

gl 14-12-2004 10:06 AM

The yellowing/shrivelling can happen due to lack of water. Check that the
soil is actually wet by digging down 5-10cm. If it's dry, water them with a
soil wetting agent....