GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planting Potatoes in Jan/Feb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/89098-planting-potatoes-jan-feb.html)

Flick@GDH 24-01-2005 04:07 AM

Planting Potatoes in Jan/Feb

Hi all,

I have a few questions relating to planting potatoes at this time of
year, which I have read in several sources is quite OK in Melbourne
(where I am) and I just wondered if anyone here has done this...

I'm having real problems trying to get seed potatoes at this time of
year. Most people have them from May onwards - does anyone know a
source?

Has anyone planted say, nice organic spuds from the market? What are
the risks here (obviously disease, but how much risk?)

Are there specific varieties that are better grown as a Summer/Autumn
crop?

thanks in advance

Flick