Old 10-02-2005, 07:35 AM
sassie

Default When the beans are done

So when the bean plants are finished, dose one,
cut the plant off at ground level
or pull the whole plant up ?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 AM
david

I pull up my plants and give them to my sheep to eat otherwise I put
them on the compost heap. You will notice on the bottom of the roots
there will be white nodules which are the fixed nitrogen which will be
but back into your gardening system by putting them into the compost.
I have left the roots in the ground before and found it hard to
follow-up with another crop. Cheryl