GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Alpine Vege Garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/90382-alpine-vege-garden.html)

Michael Beltrame 02-03-2005 11:21 AM

Alpine Vege Garden

I have just started to finish reaping from my first summer garden in the
Alpine area of Mount Buller, Vic.

The patch has been very sucessful and yielded well in the milder climate of
650mtrs above sea level. All plants have been disease free in the virgin
soil and only suffered one attact of Cabbage moth.

Two Questions.

1. What should I prepare to plant in the Autum for picking before the cold
winter?

2. Can i grow ANY Vegetables thru the winter. ie Raddichio?

Chookie 05-03-2005 10:30 AM

In article ,
"Michael Beltrame" wrote:

1. What should I prepare to plant in the Autum for picking before the cold
winter?

2. Can i grow ANY Vegetables thru the winter. ie Raddichio?

I've no idea as I've never lived in that climate. Do you have any elderly
neighbours you could ask? Bet there is a local gardening club too -- you
could contact the president.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.