Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Me

Default More on Magpies

Thanks for comments regarding Currawongs.

Now, I have to agree with others that Magpies are certainly
entertaining. With regard to feeding them or not - we have for 15
years so they must enjoy the food, and secondly it must be OK with them
as we tend to have 2 or 3 new birds each year, year in, year out.

I have read that magpies tend to form groups (or whatever the term may
be for a group of magpies? Lump of magpies :-) ? ) of 10, 20 etc. Ours,
tend to be just the male and female, who then around March / April
'drive' the latest brood away to make room for the new offsrping later
in the year.

Is this common? normal?

Thanks again

Tony
--
"The Gene Pool could use a little Chlorine"

Thank you: MAGPIES Gerry Australia 0 06-02-2004 07:54 AM
Thank you: MAGPIES Gerry Australia 0 06-02-2004 07:21 AM
Thank you: MAGPIES Gerry Australia 0 06-02-2004 07:02 AM
Magpies Andrew Valiukas Edible Gardening 3 18-10-2003 04:02 PM
How long can magpies live? Harry Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:35 AM