Old 18-04-2005, 09:19 PM
John Savage

Default got a pic to post?

There is a free site where you can lodge a picture file (jpeg, gif, etc.)
and then in your post refer to that picture by a conveniently short URL.

There is no sign-in, no registration, etc., the pic is available to all
and sundry. This method is a lot more efficient than posting a binary to
any newsgroup.

Give it a try. The picture can be any size, it doesn't have to be
tiny---it's the URL that is tiny, not the picture.

http://tinypic.com

The picture doesn't expire, it will stay there forever, sort of.

Having said that, I haven't managed to get it to work. Would someone
else like to try?

Old 19-04-2005, 03:16 AM
HC

G'day John

I just tried after I read your post and while it was very slow to load
the photo it worked for me. Have a look here, must admit I could have
chosen a better shot of the spider but it was mainly for testing purposes.

http://tinypic.com/4j6b1s

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 20-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Ruth

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:19:37 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

There is a free site where you can lodge a picture file (jpeg, gif, etc.)
and then in your post refer to that picture by a conveniently short URL.

There is no sign-in, no registration, etc., the pic is available to all
and sundry. This method is a lot more efficient than posting a binary to
any newsgroup.

Give it a try. The picture can be any size, it doesn't have to be
tiny---it's the URL that is tiny, not the picture.

http://tinypic.com

The picture doesn't expire, it will stay there forever, sort of.

Having said that, I haven't managed to get it to work. Would someone
else like to try?

I tried John and It worked, however, some of those photos
are decidedly questionable!

Ruth.
Old 26-04-2005, 01:02 AM
John Savage

Ruth writes:
I tried John and It worked, however, some of those photos
are decidedly questionable!

You posted a pic there?

If it works then it should be useful for this group, but I am not
responsible for what gets posted. No photos display when I go there,
so I can only conclude you must have gone looking for them! ;-)