GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rust (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/93238-rust.html)

katrina 30-04-2005 07:50 AM

rust

hi, I was wandering what is the best way to remove "rust spots" from
leaves,and what is it a sign of

Chookie 03-05-2005 12:08 PM

In article ,
"katrina" wrote:

hi, I was wandering what is the best way to remove "rust spots" from
leaves,and what is it a sign of

Well, it would usually be a sign of rust :-)

That is, a fungal disease. However, some plants just develop it at the end of
their life cycle, like beans, and it's not worth worrying about. What plant
is suffering from rust?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

blank 03-05-2005 01:01 PM

"katrina" wrote:

hi, I was wandering what is the best way to remove "rust spots" from
leaves,and what is it a sign of

Amistar is a fungicide that helps with rust, but I don't know if it is
available to the domestic market.

But anyway, remove the affected leaves and then try to water only in the
morning.