GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   optical mouse problem? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/93240-optical-mouse-problem.html)

len gardener 30-04-2005 02:59 PM

optical mouse problem?

i was given an optical mouse that was working fine until i decided to
clean some gunk of the bottom so it would slide smoother, i used metho
and a spong, now the mouse doesn't want to work properly the curser
moves like a ball mouse when it needs cleaning jerky slowly and
somethimes not at all.

it's a hp mouse

waht have i done wrong or can it be fixed?

tia

len
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.

len gardener 30-04-2005 03:23 PM

sorry wrong group

snipped

Old Bugger 30-04-2005 11:21 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:59:57 +1000, len gardener wrote:

i was given an optical mouse that was working fine until i decided to
clean some gunk of the bottom so it would slide smoother, i used metho
and a spong, now the mouse doesn't want to work properly the curser
moves like a ball mouse when it needs cleaning jerky slowly and
somethimes not at all.

it's a hp mouse

waht have i done wrong or can it be fixed?

Try some blood and bone on it. ;-)

len gardener 01-05-2005 12:00 AM

lol lol old bugger,

yeh i usually bury 'em in the garden after i kills 'em lol

len

snipped

marko zuvela 15-05-2005 03:13 PM

you may have moved the dirt into or around the laser or lens, try clening
again with cotton wool buds or chamois leather & cleaning alcohol.
"len gardener" wrote in message
lol lol old bugger,

yeh i usually bury 'em in the garden after i kills 'em lol

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment