GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recycle Diposable Nappies? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/93413-re-recycle-diposable-nappies.html)

Ms Leebee 03-05-2005 06:22 AM

Recycle Diposable Nappies?

"augie" wrote ...
(Cross posted to relevant groups)

For those that like to garden, and recycle, I read about this on another
group:

(Copied and pasted)

I read about this in Burke's Back Yard gardening magazine, but have no
littlies and their disposable nappies or pullups to test it out. They
suggested to use the gel crystals - with wee - as an addition to potting
mix. Apparently it is the same stuff as those rain saver crystals, and
the nitrogen from the wee was said to benefit the plants.

wow. thx for the tip - I need some nitrogen on my azalea ... will give this
a go and report back ;)
( I take it you rip open the protective liner and scrape the crystals out -
hmm, interesting )

Ms Leebee 03-05-2005 07:38 AM

augie wrote:
said...
"augie" wrote ...
(Cross posted to relevant groups)

For those that like to garden, and recycle, I read about this on

another group:

(Copied and pasted)

I read about this in Burke's Back Yard gardening magazine, but

have no littlies and their disposable nappies or pullups to test
it out. They suggested to use the gel crystals - with wee - as an
addition to potting mix. Apparently it is the same stuff as those
rain saver crystals, and the nitrogen from the wee was said to
benefit the plants.

wow. thx for the tip - I need some nitrogen on my azalea ... will
give this a go and report back ;)

Good, would like to know how it goes.
Although where I am going to get nappies from remains a mystery!

have another bebe

g,d,r