GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hom growm mushrooms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/93414-hom-growm-mushrooms.html)

peter 03-05-2005 07:10 AM

hom growm mushrooms

Hi all
I'm curious about starting off with mushrooms. I've googled locally, but
cant find much.
Does anyone have info on setting up or links. I live in Brisbane, but I am
shifting to Northern NSW.

Cheers and thanks

pete

peter 04-05-2005 01:34 AM

Cool.
Thanks for the info Rusty

"Stuart Naylor" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 May 2005 16:10:09 +1000, "peter" wrote:

I'm curious about starting off with mushrooms. I've googled locally, but
cant find much.

http://www.webwombat.com.au is a good search engine for Australian web
pages.

Does anyone have info on setting up or links. I live in Brisbane, but I
am
shifting to Northern NSW.

Try your local Nursery to see if they have Spawn or if they can get it
for you. Here is a web page with some hints on how to grow mushrooms.
http://www.acs.edu.au/hort/mushrooms/
--

Rusty

[email protected] not really 13-07-2005 04:45 PM

wrote:

Hi all
I'm curious about starting off with mushrooms. I've googled locally, but
cant find much.
Does anyone have info on setting up or links. I live in Brisbane, but I am
shifting to Northern NSW.

Cheers and thanks

pete

At one stage I"m sure I saw some starter kits in places like Bunnings,
where you just left them in a darker area somewhere, Pantry, garage
etc and they would grow in the box...

Tony

meee 09-09-2005 12:08 PM

a very cheap way is to buy some used mushroom compost from a mushroom farm-
we get ours for 14/metre in a trailer load. it can be used to build up poor
soil, but my mother discovered that if you put it in a warm dark place, ie.
garden shed or garage and keep it moist, in 'no time at all you'll have the
most beautiful' mushrooms (sorry, peter cundall moment :)