GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Household waste (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/94944-household-waste.html)

Aprill Allen 29-05-2005 04:48 AM

Household waste

Hi all,

I live on 75 acres in NSW with no garbage collection. I'm too lazy to go to
the tip all the time so would like to dispose/recycle/bury as much as I can
on the land - as long as it is beneficial. I've got a compost heap already..
I plan to have some chooks eventually so they can take care of meat scraps.
But what about the other things that won't compost? I remember hearing
somewhere that you can bury cans and they'll release trace elements into the
soil. Is that true? Are any of you in the same boat WRT no garbage
collection?

...aprill

Len Brauer 29-05-2005 08:38 AM

g'day april,

all we take to the dump is plastic and aluminium and glass the rest
gets recycled into the gardens or in the case of tines buried.

len

snipped