GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can you eat mangoes if they have anthracnose? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/96064-can-you-eat-mangoes-if-they-have-anthracnose.html)

C 17-06-2005 11:08 PM

Can you eat mangoes if they have anthracnose?

I just moved to a home with a mango tree and most of the fruit seems to
be infected with anthracnose. Can I still eat the fruits? Can I just
cut out the infected parts?

I'm in South Florida so our seasons are probably different.

Thanks,

China 21-06-2005 09:24 AM

G'day C,
I've no idea, so why not ring your local govt. Agricultural
Officer?
It's getting a bit chilly here in Aus. Happy mid-winter !

China
Wingham
NSW

blank 02-07-2005 09:54 PM

China wrote:

G'day C,
I've no idea, so why not ring your local govt.
Agricultural Officer?
It's getting a bit chilly here in Aus. Happy mid-winter !

China
Wingham
NSW

Yes, you can eat them. The brown tissue is unsightly but harmless.