GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/97196-plant-identification.html)

AndyB.. 10-07-2005 11:53 AM

Plant identification

Hi everyone, Iam trying to identify a palm tree we have in our front garden,
I have a couple of photos of it at http://andb84.customer.netspace.net.au/
if anyone knows its name or who might help I would appreciate it greatly.
The plant is situated in Melbourne and is approximately 15 meters tall.
Thanks for your time.

gardenlen 10-07-2005 08:10 PM

g'day andy,

looks like a chinese fan plam to me mate 'livistona chinensis'

snipped
With love and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gardenlen1
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gardenlen1

Paul Homes 11-07-2005 11:08 AM

In article ,
"AndyB.." wrote:

Hi everyone, Iam trying to identify a palm tree we have in our front garden,
I have a couple of photos of it at http://andb84.customer.netspace.net.au/
if anyone knows its name or who might help I would appreciate it greatly.
The plant is situated in Melbourne and is approximately 15 meters tall.
Thanks for your time.

G'Day Andy,

I'd put my money on it being a "cotton palm" - Washingtonia filifera
based on its height of 15 metres.

I had two about 10 metres on my block in Perth.

Paul

Yurk Yurk 16-07-2005 08:05 AM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:53:42 +1000, AndyB.. said something like this:

Hi everyone, Iam trying to identify a palm tree we have in our front
garden, I have a couple of photos of it at
http://andb84.customer.netspace.net.au/ if anyone knows its name or who
might help I would appreciate it greatly. The plant is situated in
Melbourne and is approximately 15 meters tall. Thanks for your time.

You need an apostrophe in "Andy's Place" :)