GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Natural fertiliser for bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/111213-natural-fertiliser-bamboo.html)

Andrew Ward 02-02-2006 09:22 PM

Natural fertiliser for bamboo

Hi Everyone,
What is a good natural fertiliser for clumping bamboo such as Bambusa
Oldhamii?

Thanks.
Andrew Ward.

Travis M. 03-02-2006 05:06 PM

"Andrew Ward" wrote in message

Hi Everyone,
What is a good natural fertiliser for clumping bamboo such as
Bambusa Oldhamii?

Compost, composted manure or fish emulsion. I use Ringers Lawn
Restore and fish emulsion as well as mulching with wood chips.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[email protected] 09-02-2006 06:55 PM

Andrew Ward wrote:
Hi Everyone,
What is a good natural fertiliser for clumping bamboo such as Bambusa
Oldhamii?

Every winter I alternate between chicken manure and steer manure. One
year I put a bag of steer manure on each clump and then the next year
I'll do the same with chicken. Tropicals seems to take well to hot
fertilizers, the dealer I got my D. Asper from didn't start getting big
growth until he started using straight horse manure.

Starting in spring I use Hydroprills 15-15-15 once a month through the
end of summer (shooting season).

Chris
Chino, CA