GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   15 gal or 24" box? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/14723-15-gal-24-box.html)

Max 13-04-2003 01:08 AM

15 gal or 24" box?

First of all, a design question. I've got a 45 foot border to plant and
would like to use some bamboo, amongst other things. If I wanted 2
clumps of bamboo, do you think I should plant two Oldhamii or two Otetea
(for the symmetry) or would a Otetea and Oldhamii look OK planted within
15' or 20' of each other?

And whether I go with the Oldhamii or Otetea, I'm debating between
buying 15 gal. or 24" boxes. The difference in price is significant -
approx. $200 vs. $450 for the 2. Will I see a that much difference in
growth to justify the extra cost of the 24" boxes or do you think the 15
gal plants will be sufficient?

I've never used bamboo so I don't have a clue. I'm in So. Calif. by the
way.