Old 13-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Rick Emerson

Default B. oldhamii spacing

I have three 1-year old plants that are spaced 4 ft. apart. Should I
give them more room, or is that enough so they won't be cramped later
on?

Old 14-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Chris

(Rick Emerson) wrote in message ...
I have three 1-year old plants that are spaced 4 ft. apart. Should I
give them more room, or is that enough so they won't be cramped later
on?

http://www.endangeredspecies.com/tex...ambusa/BO.html

Look at the picture sequence for "Long Beach" (these aren't my
plants, but just a visual aid to give you an idea how large and how
fast they will fill in)

It really depends on the size of the plants you started with and how
fast you want them to fill in.

My one year old plants are 18' high :-) I planted them about 10'
apart, but I did start with large plants. In time they will kind of
merge into one plant, if you have the space and aren't worried about
filling in the gaps quickly, I'd move them out, but you won't damage
the plants the way they are planted now.

Chris

Oldhamii in a container? Max Bamboo 1 01-02-2006 10:23 PM
Bambusa Lako spacing Rick DeBay Bamboo 5 01-02-2006 10:17 PM
Bambusa Oldhamii Shoots Andrew Ward Bamboo 1 25-01-2006 09:50 AM
My oldhamii is still blooming Zhao Bamboo 0 07-03-2004 08:32 AM
Spacing of Perennials Jack United Kingdom 2 02-03-2003 05:00 PM