Old 30-08-2006, 08:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
EMS EMS is offline

Default What goes well with Bamboo?

I have planted 7 varieties of Bamboo in my backyard and look forward to
a bamboo forest within the next few years. As it all grows, we will take
out some of the other trees and shrubs that are already back there. The
holly is already gone, some of the small pines are doomed as well.

What I want to know is what kinds of plants should I add that will
survive along side the bamboo... I had some very nice Japonica Fatasia
at the old house that seemed to grow well and made a nice balance for
the tall slender bamboo. I also had several hardy banana trees that
added a nice tropical atmosphere to the garden, of course it often died
back during the winter (Portland OR), but always came back from the
roots. I was thinking of Gunnera manicata, but it will also suffer
during the Winter.

What else would you folks suggest? Something dramatic and tough.

EMS
Old 30-08-2006, 09:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

"EMS" wrote in message

[...]

I have a Gunnera here. I mulch it well in the winter.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

What goes well with Kalanchoe? mikdljoiwe Gardening 0 07-07-2011 08:35 AM
Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 12-03-2009 12:51 AM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 11:23 PM
Phyllis and Jim hope all goes well with the RFD Jim and Phyllis Ponds 3 19-12-2006 09:59 AM
Golden bamboo goes walkabout Paul Kelly United Kingdom 7 09-08-2003 03:14 AM