GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Anyone know which type of bamboo this is? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/156774-anyone-know-type-bamboo.html)

ggallen 13-04-2007 03:55 AM

Anyone know which type of bamboo this is?

A local resident in New Jersey (USA) who will be cutting down a bamboo forest (for better words) behind his house, is letting people dig up / cut down what ever they want...

Since I couldn't fit a 30' stalk into the back of hatchback.....I had to settle for "new" growth on the ground.

Below are images of one of the chunks I salvaged. I'm assuming it's a running variety based on the rooting.

Questions a 1. What kind of bamboo is this?
2. How long will it take to grow, and how fast does it grow?
3. Can I put it in a planter first, until I can decide where to
safely transplant this in my yard?

Thanks.

http://www.carcarealert.com/bamboo1.JPG
http://www.carcarealert.com/bamboo2.JPG