GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Bamboo toys (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/161490-bamboo-toys.html)

Priscilla Batongbacal 10-07-2007 02:06 AM

Bamboo toys

I have made some simple toys for a young child from bamboo stems
culled from a little grove I have been growing for about 8 yrs,

The biggest stems I have used are about 0.25" (12 mm) in diameter.

The bamboo I have used is phyllostachis aureosulcata.

Any known toxity if a child chews the bamboo?

I have found none thus far.

Swallowing appears impossible as I have kept my long dimmension
of the order of 5" (15 cm).

beecrofter 14-07-2007 02:49 PM

Bamboo toys

On Jul 9, 9:06 pm, "Priscilla Batongbacal" (-: @ :-) wrote:
I have made some simple toys for a young child from bamboo stems
culled from a little grove I have been growing for about 8 yrs,

The biggest stems I have used are about 0.25" (12 mm) in diameter.

The bamboo I have used is phyllostachis aureosulcata.

Any known toxity if a child chews the bamboo?

I have found none thus far.

Swallowing appears impossible as I have kept my long dimmension
of the order of 5" (15 cm).

Only thing I can think of is splinters, I eat yellowgroove shoots
every spring.