Old 04-05-2008, 06:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default Spring shooting

New culms have broken ground P.aureosulcata in coastal CT USA
latitude N41.35 longitude W72.10
Mature grove of 10 yrs sheltered places.

Time to keep my big feet out, lol

be well all

Tom
Old 10-05-2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Congrads...Do you have any other species beside the aureos?
I have some young madakes and angustus I just transplanted from front to the
back of the houe. No sign of growth yet :(
Henry

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

On May 10, 11:13*am, "HLee" wrote:
Congrads...Do you have any other species beside the aureos?
I have some young madakes and angustus I just transplanted from front to the
back of the houe. No sign of growth yet :(
Henry

P. rubromarginata, P bissettii (also shooting) , P decora or manni
(depending on what they are calling it this year, P. vivax
aureocaulis, S .palmata
Plieo.distichi, Plieo. viridi. S. veitchi (maybe dead) Indocalmus
tesselatus (probably dead) and 3 or so fargesias and some pottet P.
nigra
Have killed a few S veitchi perhaps not suited for here, and every
other winter I lose all the above ground growth of the vivax.
Maybe one or two plants I have missed.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Interesting, Sounds like you have a fairly large grove. Are you a commercial
bamboo farmer? How old are they? I am looking for 3 years or older boo to
make flutes. I'll be very interested if you need some help in thinning out
your over-grown grove in the future. Sorry to hear about the vivax.