GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Bamboo has taken over my garden :( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/175988-bamboo-has-taken-over-my-garden.html)

SexyGardener 16-06-2008 09:36 PM

Bamboo has taken over my garden :(

It's got a gun and says it won't leave 'till I pay it $900... The police wont move it on, I'm at a loss :(

Shpoony G 16-05-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyGardener (Post 798688)
It's got a gun and says it won't leave 'till I pay it $900... The police wont move it on, I'm at a loss :(

Good luck, you should've kept an eye on it throughout its growth to prevent this situation.

You could always try spraying it with round-up or some other nasty herbicide. This will kill the bamboo but there will still be a thick root mass that you will have to dig out before you can plant anything else. So you might as well skip the herbicide and dig it out. Do you know anyone with a backhoe?

Apostile 08-06-2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyGardener (Post 798688)
It's got a gun and says it won't leave 'till I pay it $900... The police wont move it on, I'm at a loss :(

ohhh....
so sad... but you should ask the police later
that is a big problem and it could be happen again...
take care...

gunner1971 07-08-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostile (Post 849877)
ohhh....
so sad... but you should ask the police later
that is a big problem and it could be happen again...
take care...

I've got exactly the same problem here in England, it must be cemented in as i simply cannot remove it. It just bursts back into life again.