GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Himalayacalamus Falconeri (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/182736-himalayacalamus-falconeri.html)

Ken Parkyn 18-04-2009 01:00 AM

Himalayacalamus Falconeri

Hi all;

I bought through ebay and planted the seeds of Himalayacalamus Falconeri
(Candy Cane Bamboo).
Eleven of the seeds struck and the plants are now about a metre high and in
the ground and growing exceptionally well.

I guess I should have enquired long before this, but - does anyone have any
positive or negative comments on this bamboo species before I go
distributing it around the property?

Bamboo 27-04-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Parkyn (Post 839365)
Hi all;

I bought through ebay and planted the seeds of Himalayacalamus Falconeri
(Candy Cane Bamboo).
Eleven of the seeds struck and the plants are now about a metre high and in
the ground and growing exceptionally well.

I guess I should have enquired long before this, but - does anyone have any
positive or negative comments on this bamboo species before I go
distributing it around the property?

Hi Ken,

Do you have any photos of the plants that grew from that seed to check the identity? Do they have striped culms?