GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Are these bamboo? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/185040-these-bamboo.html)

Countrylass 22-06-2009 07:05 PM

Are these bamboo?

Hi, I have both an indoor plant and an outdoor plant which I think are bamboo. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd appreciate any help so that I know if they need any special treatment (apart from being talked to).

I seem to be unable to upload photos even when shrinking them down to 196KB on a jpg

echinosum 23-06-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countrylass (Post 852516)
Hi, I have both an indoor plant and an outdoor plant which I think are bamboo. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd appreciate any help so that I know if they need any special treatment (apart from being talked to).

I seem to be unable to upload photos even when shrinking them down to 196KB on a jpg

Put your photos on a photo site like Flickr and give us a link to it.

Countrylass 23-06-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 852655)
Put your photos on a photo site like Flickr and give us a link to it.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...une2009012.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...une2009011.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...une2009010.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...une2009009.jpg

I hope this works!

echinosum 24-06-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countrylass (Post 852722)
I hope this works!

It worked. The outdoor one is certainly bamboo. I don't think the indoor one is. Perhaps the indoor one is that plant known as "lucky bamboo" which is not bamboo, but dracaena.

FuchsiaLover 01-07-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 852847)
It worked. The outdoor one is certainly bamboo. I don't think the indoor one is. Perhaps the indoor one is that plant known as "lucky bamboo" which is not bamboo, but dracaena.

Agree. The outdoor one looks like it's got quite big leaves, so maybe Sasa or Pseudosasa species?

FuchsiaLover 01-07-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 852847)
It worked. The outdoor one is certainly bamboo. I don't think the indoor one is. Perhaps the indoor one is that plant known as "lucky bamboo" which is not bamboo, but dracaena.

I think Echinosum's right. The outdoor one looks like it's got quite big leaves, so maybe Sasa or Pseudosasa species?

Countrylass 04-07-2009 05:39 PM

Thank you both. I will have to look up lucky bamboo as it would be uncanny as I have a dracaena which sits next to the indoor one.