Old 27-07-2009, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default Bamboo Palm seeds

I bought some Bamboo Palm seeds and haven't been able to germinate
them. Can someone give me advice?

Any tricks, tips?

Thanks
Mysterious Traveler
Old 27-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Traveler View Post
I bought some Bamboo Palm seeds and haven't been able to germinate
them. Can someone give me advice?

Any tricks, tips?

Thanks
Mysterious Traveler
Bamboo palm is (several possible) palms, not bamboo. So no advice for you from a bamboo forum I am afraid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_palm
Old 28-07-2009, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

I bought some Bamboo Palm seeds and haven't been able to germinate
them. Can someone give me advice?

This group is for Bamboo not palms, you are more likely to get a useful
answer at rec.gardens .

The only Chamaedorea that I have grown is C. microspadix and that just
got potting soil in ordinary house plant conditions - 70ºf day 65 night.
It has fruited and germinated in lathhouse conditions too.

--
09=IX
Prunedale California