GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Please help in identifing this plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/192293-please-help-identifing-plant.html)

car22 23-06-2010 04:14 PM

Please help in identifing this plant

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I'm not sure if if this is the correct forum to be posting these photos, but the plants does look like some type of Bamboo. I'm trying to find the name of this plant to try and find information for its care.

Thank you all

Cruz

echinosum 24-06-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car22 (Post 891935)
Hello all. I'm not sure if if this is the correct forum to be posting these photos, but the plants does look like some type of Bamboo. I'm trying to find the name of this plant to try and find information for its care.

No, it's definitely not bamboo, nor any kind of grass. The fronds are are completely wrong for a bamboo. More likely a palm, but I'm not totally convinced about it. Has some similarity to the Parlour Palm, Chaemodora elegans, but I'm not saying it's that.

Gibson 29-06-2010 05:35 PM

I'd say that pretty definitely is a Parlour Palm - Chamaedorea Elegans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 892003)